Introduce Yourself!

Hi all - I’m Danner Banks, located in Salt Lake City, Utah, United States. I like to snowboard, hike, rock climb, read, and play video games. I discovered product management through friends who were doing the role at Amazon and Microsoft (I used to be located in Seattle). My undergrad was Information Systems and my graduate degree is an MBA. My only professional qualifications will (hopefully) be the Senior Product Course and Product Leader courses through Product School. I work at Solo, a company that makes software for solar panel system sellers and installers, as a Lead Product Manager. I’ve been in product for 6 years. I love all aspects of product, but mostly researching and launching new products. I’d love to work for any company that is or plans to make a meaningful social impact.

1 Like

Welcome to the community, @Danner! Social impact organizations are always of interest to me (I have a nonprofit/association background). I would love to learn more about your work for Solo. Feel free to explore the larger community, ask questions, or give some answers. And if there’s something you need or if you have ideas, feel free to reach out!

1 Like

Hi,Everyone. I am Vaibhav. I am an engineer by education and have pursued my masters in management recently and currently working as a Project Manager at a budding e-commerce startup. Glad to connect! I want to transition to product management asap and working at Google is my (pretty hard but not impossible) dream. Would love to learn more about open PM opportunities from PM’s working at MAANG companies to achieve my dream. Thanks.

1 Like

Hi, friends! I’m Jesse. My background is a mix of hands-on engineering and business/operational efficiency work. I’ve dabbled in Product Management work over my career but haven’t ever held the official title - and I want to change that! But I’ve struggled to find opportunities with companies whose core values align with mine. I’d love to find a mentor who can help me take steps to getting a Product Management role.

1 Like

Welcome to the community, @Vaibhav7! We’re looking forward to helping you on your journey to product management. I would love to learn what about product management appeals to you. Glad to have you with us!

1 Like

Welcome @jcderose! You’ve come to the right place. We would be happy to facilitate connections that will help you reach your goals. Thanks for being here!

1 Like

Hi everyone,

My name is Robin and I’m from Holland.

In my time as a UX designer in multiple agile teams I found that a lot of product teams I joined where focusing on stuff that did not make enough impact but cost all the much effort. Hence, there were a lot of meetings about going the right direction or doing the right stuff for the customers. This took most of my time, leaving little time for actual solution designing :slight_smile:

I love an agile way of working, don’t get me wrong, but I think product teams could be so much more effective. Last year I started a company helping product managers to solve any challenge using Workshops and Design Sprints as I found that these helped my product managers quickly identify the biggest issues to focus on and build more solid roadmaps.

I’m here to learn more about product management issues, discuss any problem and have interesting conversations about how we can keep the focus on what’s important in the end, solving problems for users while still generating solid value for our businesses.

Cheers! Robin

2 Likes

Welcome to the community, @Robin! What I have seen is that sometimes people who are new to a more agile way of working tend to think that it means no process or prioritization which causes issues like you mentioned in your intro. It’s definitely different than traditional waterfall approaches, but you still have to be clear on what you want to accomplish and how you plan to do it. Your expertise will be incredibly helpful here in the community! Thanks for being here!

1 Like

Hello Everyone,

I am Vishal Bansal. I am from India. I love to travel and watch movies. I am working as Software Engineer in Microsoft. Prior to Software Engineer I was working as Consultant in Microsoft where I delivered multiple projects using D365 product. Last year I learned about the Product Management and decided to switch my career into Product Management. I have joined this community to learn more about Product Management.

I would love to connect with others and learn more about Product Management.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/vishal383/

1 Like

Welcome to the community @vishal383 it’s a pleasure to connect and have you here with us!

Thanks for your kind words @Marjorie! Hope to be of service and looking forward to meaningful discussions here! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

My Name is Danish. I’m located in Jersey City, USA. I have over 10+ years of experience working as a business analyst in the investment banking and custody banking space. I have an undergrad degree in computer science and a MBA. My experience has helped me to design data products from a B2B SaaS perspective. However, my role has been more of a product management aligned role and I want to transition into a full-fledged product manager role. I really love the aspect where you are designing A/B tests and also gathering metrics to pinpoint the features that should be there in a product.

I hope to learn about this aspect and much more through this community

1 Like

Welcome aboard Danish! We look forward to learning with you as well :star2:

Hi everyone!

I’m Emebet. I’m based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. In my free time I enjoy reading books, watching shows, spending time with family and friends and practicing languages. One of my favourite products is Duolingo, I have enjoyed how the product has evolved over time and with my growing interest in PM, I am seeing the evolution from a different perspective and starting to appreciate the intentionality behind new features. I’m a digital financial services and financial inclusion consultant with management consulting and impact measurement experience. I don’t have direct PM experience but I do believe my experience adds value to the PM role. I’m looking to transition into a product management role. I am very interested in the opportunity to build and create something, to build a product that solves a problem and to be able to see the result and the impact of that product. I’m interested in the end-to-end. The sweet spot for me combines some aspect of financial inclusion, circular economy and sustainability. I would love to work for Mastercard, I think they are creating exciting products through exciting partnerships.

1 Like

Hi @EmebetT! It’s a pleasure to have you here in our community! I agree with you, Duolingo has also become one of my favorite products to follow, their evolution has been quite remarkable. If you need any support during your transition, the community is here to help!

1 Like

Hello everyone! It’s nice to meet you. My name is Heather and I’m based in West Sussex, UK, but originally from Canada. In my free time I’ve been doing a lot of travelling this year (France, all over the UK, Italy, Slovakia, Belgium, Canada). In a few words, I’d describe myself as an empathetic, outspoken and caring person. The first digital product I fell in love with was myspace. :stuck_out_tongue:

As for my professional experience, I am currently a Product Lead at a AI/ML start-up who uses computer vision technology to understand how people engage with digital content (in a safe and secure environment) that can be used by brands and advertisers to create better and more relevant content. I’ve only been in PM since January officially after spending many years in market research, client management and business development. I want to work in product because I like to think that I can use my empathy skills along with my previous experiences to create products that people genuinely want to use and get excited about. With good product strategy, I believe a company can do magic.

I am really interested in soaking up as much as I can about how others are tackling problems no matter how big or small. In the near future, I’ll have the daunting task of building out our team further and so if anyone has experience with this, I’d love to hear about it!

In terms of dream companies, I’d love to do something in sustainability next.

Btw I’m really loving the approach to this community platform! I actually started my career in communities back in the day when they were new.

Thanks for the warm welcome @Zaina! I’m excited to be part of the community :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi all
I am Aakash Rohilla from Delhi, India. I am an aspiring product manager looking for an opportunity to have a breakthrough in PM. I like to read about products and their business side, and also I like to cook in my free time. I would describe myself in one word as ‘Adaptable’. Adapting according to the situation is the most crucial step not just in a PM’s career but as in our daily lives also.
The first ever product I used and liked the most back in 2011 was UC Browser(although now it is banned in India due to data privacy issues with China). It really solved my problem of downloading large files on my mobile phone with the ability to pause/resume the download.
I am a fresher in the product management domain but I have organized many events during my under graduation including the flagship events of my college.
Being from a business family and graduating with a Finance and Management Major, I am well accustomed to solving issues of our customers/users. Product is the domain I want to make my career in because my interests and skills align with more on creating an impact on the users and seeing them smile is what I am striving for.
I am inclined toward strategizing the requirements and features of a product. I am really fond of working in a user-first company that not only makes good products but also works for the greater good of society at large and that aligns with my ideology.
At last I just want to say

Michael Scott Wink GIF

2 Likes

Hi!, I am Michael from Nigeria, currently serve as Head, Product Management & Corporate Communication at Polysmart Group. I have been around product for about 7 year with the last 3 in Product management.
I am looking forth to learning and bonding with the universe of Product Managers on here.
Thank you,

2 Likes

Hey everyone! I’m a Product Manager from Seattle, WA. with a background in Learning Experience Design. I’m open to remotely collaborating. Feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn! https://www.linkedin.com/in/jonmeisburg/

2 Likes