Build a Product Manager Resume Recruiters Will Notice

Your resume is your first point of contact with a potential employer. The way you tell your story matters!

We understand how difficult it might be to capture a recruiter or hiring manager’s interest, especially if they’re getting anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand resumes.

One thing we hear a lot is, that you can’t get into Product Management if your resume, your portfolio, and your LinkedIn profile don’t scream: “I SOLVE PROBLEMS EFFECTIVELY” or " I HAVE TRANSFERABLE SKILLS"

Your challenge might not be that you don’t have the right profile or previous PM experience, it might be the story you tell!

How can you build a dedicated Product Manager resume? Not just by presenting valuable experiences, but also by applying Product Manager skills when writing your resume.

A general rule of thumb when constructing your resume for a product role is to make sure you show that you are data-informed and data-driven. Show the recruiter that you can effectively quantify and narrate your accomplishments. Numbers are easy for recruiters to scan and understand, and will be a real boost for your Product Management resume.

How do you build out your product resume to stand out? What are some of the best resume tips that have helped you fine-tune your CV?

:mag: Are you looking for a job in product? Checkout our job board here: https://prdct.school/3MKaGy8

Thanks, Zaina for sharing the valuable tips. I would like someone to kindly help me review my Resume. Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi, @Rahmot if you feel comfortable, please create a topic in the PM Resume Review subcategory and share your background and what industry you’d like to go into. We’ll try our best to connect you with a PM who can help give you feedback and review your resume.